Retail Year in Review &
2023 Profit Outlook Report
Compare the annual performance of 100+
retail fuel brands.
Order your copy of the latest Retail Year in Review and 2023 Profit Outlook Report.
The OPIS Retail Year in Review Report & 2023 Profit Outlook ranks retail performance in specific regions and across the country, providing a scorecard of overall retail brand performance for 2022.
With 200+ pages of jam-packed retail fuel statistics, you can benchmark stations for margins, pricing, market share and efficiency - nationally and regionally.
Hundreds of charts depict how the top traditional and c-store brands included in this report fared in 2022. Here is a sampling of charts included in this voluminous report...
Key benefits of the OPIS Retail Year in Review and 2023 Profit Outlook Report
- Compare brand performance against annual national rankings for:
- Number of outlets
- Retail, net and rack prices
- Rack-to-retail margins
- Annual change
- Annual percentage change
- Differentiate market share estimates by brand on a national and regional basis.
- Track seasonal price swings for the previous year by region.
- Estimate fuel sales against competitors and analyze how pricing strategy affects volumes with weekly gasoline demand trends.
- Discover which markets are most profitable with rankings for the top 50 highest and lowest rack-to-retail gasoline margin markets in the U.S. per year.
- Compare how chains and traditional brands are priced relative to direct competition with National Brand Power Rankings.
- Use heat maps to analyze national and regional margins. Separate winning from losing markets to make smarter investments.
- Analyze historical supply/demand and import 10+ years of statistics from the Department of Energy.
Who Needs This Report?
RETAILERS: Benchmark profit margins and retail fuel prices by brand and region against competitors.
OIL EXECUTIVES: Examine last year's market by looking at measurements that put 2022 changes into focus.
ANALYSTS: Track the profitability of the major players in this rapidly changing market.
INVESTORS: Quickly separate the winning and losing markets to make better investment decisions.
Top Brands Included
Beacon & Bridge
Brookshires Food Store
Carroll Motor Fuels
Dodges Chicken Store
Fast & Fresh
Fast Stop (Growmark)
Fastrip Food Store
FiveStar Food Mart
Food 4 Less
Fuel City (AL)
G & M Food Mart
Gas N Go
Gas N Go (Weis)
Harps Food Stores
Highs Dairy Store
Kum & Go
Loaf N Jug
Pump & Pantry
Stop & Shop (Ahold)
Tom Thumb Foods
Toot n Totum
United Dairy Farmers
VP Racing Fuels