Marketers who sell gasoline and diesel just concluded their best first half of any year in the modern era, according to data compiled by OPIS RetailSuite. The prosperous six months may be a key catalyst for even more aggressive M&A targeting convenience real estate, where public and private companies have been especially active in the last five years.
Looking merely at street prices gives no hint of the spectacular performance. But a look at wholesale costs for the 140,000+ stations tracked by OPIS finds that the difference between what retailers paid for fuel and what it fetched at the pump had a record run.
In this free special report, you'll discover 1H 2019 data including:
- Daily national retail gas margins
- Regional retail gas margins (1H 2019 vs. 1H 2018)
- Retail gas margin trends
- Annual change in retail gas volumes for regions and states (January - June)
- Top 10 ...
- Gas brands with the highest efficiency rating
- Gas brands with the highest market share
- Gas brands with the largest price differential discount vs. competitors
- Gas brands with the highest price differential vs. competitors
- Markets with the best margins
- Markets with the highest retail gas averages
- Markets with the lowest margins
- Markets with the lowest retail average price